Thursday, September 24, 2020

The No Expectations Tour

 

 


OK, I am breaking a rule; I am posting on the Beagle blog but not actually traveling in the Beagle.  Yet.  She is parked out front, I can see her through my den window, all hitched up and ready to go first thing in the morning.

Almost two years ago I set off in Beagle to discover my new life, study the difference between free will and fate, and other lofty goals.   But after three tiring months on the road, the 2018 Tour quickly turned into a hunt for a winter home.  I knew I had found it the moment I drove into Morro Bay.  That remains true to this day; even more so as I have discovered friends and talents I never knew I possessed.  All of which I will dearly miss on this trip.

But I have a simpler goal this time:  To go wherever I want for whatever reason and to travel and arrive with no expectations.  “Without expectations, everyone is perfect.”  Sorry, cannot remember the author of that quote, but I am going to expand it to, “Without expectations everything is perfect.”

Before I start out, I want to record this feeling of joy in the unknown.  I love this moment in life when you know something is about to happen (truly know it, not just feel it, I know I will drive away tomorrow) and you have no idea what is going to happen; it is one of the greatest feelings on earth, at least to me.

And I truly have no expectations.

Somebody check the time.

-K

PS:  I was thinking today while packing up that I will make an effort to have fresh flowers in Beagle.  After dining at my dear friend’s restaurant, he gave me a rose as a parting gift.  Life always has my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Speck on a Dot on a Marble in the Sky

  To J. Garmin: May your adventures in retirement be as vast and magnificent as your dedication to healing; safe travels, my friend. Greetin...